Phoenix Rising: The Valley Collects Exhibition Opens April 16
Phoenix Rising: The Valley Collects
Phoenix Art Museum – Steele Gallery
April 16 – May 29, 2016
Phoenix Rising: The Valley Collects brings together works from Arizona’s most significant private collections of American, Asian, Modern, Contemporary, European, Fashion Design, Latin American art and photography. These privately owned and rarely see works will be on view at Phoenix Art Museum, many for the first time, in celebration of the achievements and passions of the Valley’s art enthusiasts.
The exhibition will include work from more than 20 private collections in Phoenix and the surrounding area. It presents a diverse and eclectic selection of the finest works produced, from the 19th century to the present, and features paintings, sculpture, video installation, works on paper, photography, and fashion design. Works from the abstract expressionist period will include never before seen works by Helen Frankenthaler, Morris Louis, Philip Guston, along with mid-century master Alexander Calder, among others.
The exhibition is organized by Phoenix Art Museum and made possible through the generosity of PetSmart.
News articles include information on artists or works and are updated throughout the year.
Check back regularly for updates, or subscribe to our RSS News feed.
- Patricia Sannit and 2016 CF Artists Grants Winners Exhibition now on view
- CF Announces 2017 Award Recipients
- CF Summer Film Festival: Why Can’t We Live Together?
- PARTY ARTY | Friday, June 16
- The Propeller Group | Last days | Closes May 14
- Kehinde Wiley exhibition enjoys record attendance
- Martin Creed – Half the Air in a Given Space ends its run
- Kehinde Wiley Film Series
- Kehinde Wiley: A New Republic – Opens Oct 7
- Edward Burtynsky: WATER — Closing Sept 18