Andy Warhol: Portraits exhibition now open!
Phoenix Art Museum is proud to present Andy Warhol: Portraits, an exhibition organized by and featuring original works from The Andy Warhol Museum, one of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh.
As an artist, Andy Warhol’s unique visual language tells the story of an artist fascinated with the phenomena of fame and celebrity. This exhibition features Warhol’s depictions of the persona that forever embedded celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Sylvester Stallone and Prince — to name a few — into America’s cultural conscience as well as several of his self-portraits including silkscreen works, Polaroids of the artist in drag, and family photographs of a young Warhol.
Andy Warhol: Portraits includes nearly 200 portraits, paintings and drawings produced by Warhol from the 1940s to the 1980s. For more information visit www.phxart.org.
News articles include information on artists or works and are updated throughout the year.
Check back regularly for updates, or subscribe to our RSS News feed.
- 2018 Going Once Auction Event Wrap Up
- Sheila Pepe: Hot Mess Formalism | Opens October 14
- Patricia Sannit and 2016 CF Artists Grants Winners Exhibition | Closing Sept 17
- Patricia Sannit and 2016 CF Artists Grants Winners Exhibition now on view
- CF Announces 2017 Award Recipients
- CF Summer Film Festival: Why Can’t We Live Together?
- PARTY ARTY | Friday, June 16
- The Propeller Group | Last days | Closes May 14
- Kehinde Wiley exhibition enjoys record attendance
- Martin Creed – Half the Air in a Given Space ends its run